Tuesday, July 07, 2020

2020/80-82: Flora Segunda, Flora's Dare, Flora's Fury -- Ysabeau Wilce

I don't want my heart to be hard, and even if I end up like Poppy, trying to drink my heart to death, or like Mamma, trying to work my heart to death, at least I will know that I have a heart and I used it honestly. [Flora Segunda, p. 39]

Reread Flora Segunda: Being the Magickal Mishaps of a Girl of Spirit, Her Glass-Gazing Sidekick, Two Ominous Butlers (One Blue), a House with Eleven Thousand Rooms, and a Red Dog for Lockdown Book Club: I also reread Flora's Dare and Flora's Fury, all in paper format. I am sad that these novels -- which are immense fun and have a distinctive voice and a fascinating setting -- never made it into Kindle format ... and I'm sad that there were no further novels after Flora's Fury, which ended on something of a cliffhanger.

Thoughts from this reread: it's a society in which women are at least as likely as men to get the 'top' jobs; Flora is quite mature for her age (but there is little or no sexual threat); never trust something that just wants a little taste of your spiritual energy...

My original reviews:
Flora Segunda (15MAR09)
Flora's Dare (23MAR09)
Flora's Fury (15JUN12)

No comments:

Post a Comment